- Assam Rifles is an elite Central Para Military Force (CPMF) operation under the operational control of the Indian army and deployed exclusively in the NE Region of the Country.
- The deployment of Assam Rifles units in remote corners of NE Region denies the personnel of the Force, the opportunity of providing quality education to their children due to poor infrastructure and development of the region. To provide the quality and institutionalised education to the children of personnel of Assam Rifles deployed under HQ28 Sector in remote corners of Manipur.
- The ARPS (HS), Kakching as a part of Garrison was established in the year 2006 with exceptional facilities and co-curricular opportunities for the students from Nursery to X.
- Through this school a Sincere attempt is being made to provide standard education to the children of Assam Rifles Personnel .
- Besides imparting education to the latter, the school also takes upon itself to provide an opportunity to the children from the vicinity to avail quality education.
- The school is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education since the year 2015.
- The affiliation number of the school is 1280008 and has been alloted the school unique no. of 31042.
- The school achieved yet another milestone in the academic year 2015-16 by adding Secondary Classes with the permission of CBSE Delhi.
- With the new policy of DG Assam Rifles the school name is renamed as Assam Rifles Public School (HS), Kakching from the academic session 2015-16.
- Presently the school is up-to secondary section.